he / him
December 28
Snowbelle City, Kalos
heteroflexible
ambassador
Rocket-adjacent
6'2" / 188 cm height
6'2" / 188 cm height
Timendi causa est nescire. Ignorance is the cause of fear.
awards
221 posts
part of
TAG WITH @julien
Julien Demassieux
SWEET TOOTH [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2023 15:44:11 GMT
Julien Demassieux Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julien2"]
[attr="class","body"]

Julien stood at the bottom of the steps leading up to the entrance of the Kalosian embassy building, feeling more than a little ridiculous. Someone on his staff had decided it would be a brilliant idea for a couple of volunteers to dress in costume and hand out candy on Halloween. They claimed it would be good PR for the embassy.[break][break]

While Julien had no reason to object—it was a good idea, actually—he had not anticipated being one of the volunteers. His staff had insisted on it, however. After all, making sure he showed his face to the public and smiled at them was part of building good relations between their nations.[break][break]

And so, without much protest, he donned a VAMPIRE costume purchased from the nearest party store. He was sure he looked absolutely appalling in it, but at least the children wouldn't be frightened off.[break][break]

Or so he was told.[break][break]

Thankfully, the stream of trick-or-treaters was not endless. They came in groups, without any regularity to their visits. Julien found himself with plenty of downtime as a result.

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".julien2"]--accent:#BBD1EA;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien2 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien2 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien2 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien2 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien2 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
3,210 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
SWEET TOOTH [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2023 1:34:40 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
freya did not own a halloween costume. by the time she had a doting mother and father that would have done that sort of thing with her, she felt she'd outgrown it, so this is the first year she's ever dressed up and with her actual costume still in the works (ie, she hasn't had any time and has no idea if delta even wants to go trick-or-treating and hasn't found a way to ask because things are still complicated and - )

she's a fairy princess.

she has bright sparkles on her rosy-painted cheeks, a tiara in her hair, and some small wings on her back. they were in a bin. it was one of the only costumes left. the sparkles were leftover materials from the carnival. 

it at least helps her look approachable. she squats down now and holds out the bowl for a group of kids dressed as...ninja tirtougas? the youngest of them giggles cheerfully as moxie flicks her tongue out to taste his wrist, no doubt swiping at some of the sugar in the palm of his hand. 

they wander off and freya looks down in her bowl, realizing she's a little bit low. "excuse me," she says as she sidles past another volunteer to reach for some more of the mini twix bars. 
close tab

played by

gunsmile

he / him
December 28
Snowbelle City, Kalos
heteroflexible
ambassador
Rocket-adjacent
6'2" / 188 cm height
6'2" / 188 cm height
awards
221 posts
part of
TAG WITH @julien
Julien Demassieux
SWEET TOOTH [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2023 13:01:26 GMT
Julien Demassieux Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julien2"]
[attr="class","body"]

The councilwoman's "excuse me" cut through Julien's idle thoughts, and he stepped aside to allow her access to more candy. "Apologies."[break][break]

's presence as a volunteer had been a last-minute decision. As the newest member of the Hoenn Council, the PR team had decided the public needed some exposure to her, too. At least Julien did not have to suffer the silliness of Halloween costumes alone, and hers as far more approachable to children than his.[break][break]

"I did not think there would be so many children running around in costume today. Back home, we don't celebrate the holiday as much. Too cold," he commented, making small talk.[break][break]

Julien refilled his own bowl with a handful of RAGE CANDY BARS. His Houndour, Lucilla, barked and nosed the bowl. "These aren't for you. You're going to get a stomachache if you eat one."[break][break]

Though she backed off, she didn't stop from whining and looking affronted.

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".julien2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien2 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien2 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien2 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,210 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
SWEET TOOTH [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2023 0:33:53 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
"no worries at all," she says with a flippant wave of her hand. she pays little mind to the man she'd had to get by in order to refill her bowl and loses his voice to the sound of a scream-cackling kid off to their left. but when she realizes he is talking to her, she gives her full bowl a shake and doesn't return back to her spot. 

she smiles down at the houndour and raises a hand idly to let the dratini rub her snout against her fingers. 

"and is that...kalos?" she guesses. there's one other, intimately familiar to her, who shares a similar lilt to this man's voice.

"ah, wait, then you must be mr. demassieux." she hefts the bowl to her hip and holds out a hand. "freya morningstar - a pleasure to meet you."
close tab

played by

gunsmile

he / him
December 28
Snowbelle City, Kalos
heteroflexible
ambassador
Rocket-adjacent
6'2" / 188 cm height
6'2" / 188 cm height
awards
221 posts
part of
TAG WITH @julien
Julien Demassieux
SWEET TOOTH [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2023 12:16:56 GMT
Julien Demassieux Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julien2"]
[attr="class","body"]

"The pleasure is mine, Councilwoman Morningstar," Julien said, flashing her a polite smile as he gave her hand a firm shake. "It's a pity we haven't had the chance to meet beforehand, but I understand council matters keep you busy."[break][break]

A pair of children dressed as WOBBUFFET ran up to the pair, exclaiming the usual greeting to beg for candy. Julien selected a couple of bars from his basket and dropped them into their awaiting Pumpkaboo buckets.[break][break]

After the children dashed off, he turned to Freya once more. "And yes, Kalos. It should already be snowing in Snowbelle City by now."[break][break]

A light dusting, of course—nothing to stop hordes of children from running around if they so desired. Wistful nostalgia entered Julien's face as he surveyed what he could see of Ever Grande City, wrapped in the warmth of Hoenn autumn.[break][break]

"You know, I thought this region was too warm for snow, but then I took a visit to the Silent Icelands," he said casually, almost as an aside. "Snow year-round, but only in that part of Hoenn. It's mystifying."

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,210 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
SWEET TOOTH [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2023 0:54:50 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

ambassador demassieux, she corrects herself immediately as he refers to her by her station. she thumbs a wisp of hair from her cheek, somewhat embarrassed, but doesn't linger on the thought as he warmly holds out his hand for a shake. 

she recognizes the touch of homesickness that graces his demeanor and some of her own walls come down. sootopolis had never been hit with much snow and when it did happen to get cold enough, it mostly resembled slush from all the humid rainfall. living in a crater will do that. 

her own wistful smile becomes strained when he brings up the silent icelands. ever since inviting alex to join her in that barren field, she'd avoided it like the plague. 

"it was a parting gift from an otherworldly kyurem," she says, voice even. "i've seen children ice skate on some of the frozen over ponds." 
close tab

played by

gunsmile

he / him
December 28
Snowbelle City, Kalos
heteroflexible
ambassador
Rocket-adjacent
6'2" / 188 cm height
6'2" / 188 cm height
awards
221 posts
part of
TAG WITH @julien
Julien Demassieux
SWEET TOOTH [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 13:14:22 GMT
Julien Demassieux Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julien2"]
[attr="class","body"]

Freya's response confirmed what others already told Julien: that the Silent Icelands were the result of a mythical dragon Pokémon. Despite the evenness in her tone and her mild words, however, he noticed the strain in her smile.[break][break]

"Children will look for an opportunity to play during any misfortunate," Julien mused aloud.[break][break]

As if on cue, a gaggle of young children approached to ask for candy. One of them was dressed as a typical Pokémon trainer, complete with a MEGA ACCESSORY attached to his wrist. The ambassador tossed a few candy bars into their buckets, then watched them scamper off, laughing.[break][break]

"The ones here, anyway, seem acclimated to the region's dangers. Either that, or they have been forced to grow up much faster than their peers in other regions."

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,210 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
SWEET TOOTH [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2023 23:55:28 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"it's a marvel, how they can always find joy in the most desolate of places," she says. and what makes it so? is it hope? is that what they all lose, when they cross the threshold of child to adult?

the papier-mâché mega bracelet, colored with bright paint hits the lip of freya's bucket as the kid moves from julien over to her. she looks down, pondering stare just odd enough to make the kid's friend - a squirtle - grab his arm and run off, laughing while they do. 

"life goes on," she says with a shrug. "but what about you, ambassador? are you acclimating?"
close tab

played by

gunsmile

he / him
December 28
Snowbelle City, Kalos
heteroflexible
ambassador
Rocket-adjacent
6'2" / 188 cm height
6'2" / 188 cm height
awards
221 posts
part of
TAG WITH @julien
Julien Demassieux
SWEET TOOTH [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2023 15:33:14 GMT
Julien Demassieux Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julien2"]
[attr="class","body"]

Julien considered her question for a moment, then gave a slow nod. "I'd say I am. This is not my first assignment as an ambassador to a foreign region, but it's certainly the more exciting one."[break][break]

Despite the word choice, his mouth set into a grim line.[break][break]

"I had not anticipated the uniqueness of this region when I first arrived. We'd heard the rumors, of course, all the way in Kalos. But it wasn't until I saw what happened in Galar firsthand did I get a hint of the level of danger that plagues you."[break][break]

And not just danger, but also powerful boons: MEGA EVOLUTION, Terastallization, new species of Pokémon wrought from mist and dreams.[break][break]

Julien glanced sideways at Freya to judge her reaction to his words. Then he added, "If there is a way for the Kalosian embassy to aid your efforts, Miss Morningstar, I would know it."[break][break]

Here, he lessened the formality in an appeal to her humanity. It was not a matter between separate nations, surely, but of protecting the world.

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,210 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
SWEET TOOTH [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2023 3:27:18 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"exciting's certainly an interesting word," she says, noting the flat of his lips. her own curl. kalos was so, so very far away from her. she's still only been in hoenn ten years; in the grand scheme of things, only half of her life has been spent away from the soil she was born on. but her accent is gone, cut around the edges to the sea-ridden colloquialisms of the sootopolis peoples. 

and what remained of her past, any tethers she may have had, are gone. 

curiosity glimmers. the dull edge of her politicking blade is, perhaps, not as dull as she'd thought. a trio of kids, each dressed as the hoenn region's original starters, toddle up to them. the grass-type, treecko, lifts gloved hands with green foam-painted balls on the fingers up and gives her basket a shake. 

when they move off, she straightens and smiles; the bare hint of teeth exposed over her lips is undercut by the swathe of sparkles on her cheeks. 

"my efforts are the league's," she says. "if you feel you're able to help us on any front, i'd be more than happy to divulge to you the proper channels."
close tab

played by

gunsmile

he / him
December 28
Snowbelle City, Kalos
heteroflexible
ambassador
Rocket-adjacent
6'2" / 188 cm height
6'2" / 188 cm height
awards
221 posts
part of
TAG WITH @julien
Julien Demassieux
SWEET TOOTH [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2023 19:36:08 GMT
Julien Demassieux Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julien2"]
[attr="class","body"]

Julien inclined his head, accepting Freya's calculated response. The proper channels were already active, with discussions circulating about the sort of aid—if any—Kalos would provide Hoenn.[break][break]

But bureaucracy took time, and Kalos was as tightfisted as Hoenn was reluctant to accept outside help. The League Council in Ever Grande City would rather imbibe a vial of GASTRO ACID than allow a foreigner into their meetings.[break][break]

Julien peered into the bags of candy they had brought out for the night's event. "I believe that's all the candy. Thank you for your companionship and assistance, Councilwoman."[break][break]

When he smiled, the expression possessed a tightness that had been absent before.

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,505 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
SWEET TOOTH [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2023 23:55:48 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven